Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Travel Tryst

I was born bitten by wanderlust and my parents only nurtured it some more with the bi annual trips they took us on to far corners of the country! Thanks to them for putting the world at my feet. Some wise person once said, world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page. It's so true! I realised very early in life that I wasn't the kind to stay put at home for too long. Then the open road, the Tarmac leading away from the concrete jungle either to a beach, a mountain or a real jungle beckoned to me and shout out my name and I would just pack and go.

thankfully, my husband shares my interest of travel. We have done a lot of small trips and 1 trip to Singapore but I keep complaining in good humour that I am always stuck in the 5 states. Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and of course Goa. In the last year itself we did 2 Goa trips 5 months apart. December'15 Goa, April'16 Coorg, May'16 Yelagiri and Goa, July'16 Nilgiris, August'16 Gandikota and Belum Caves, October'16 Goa and Hampi, November'16 Munnar and Kochi and for New Year's Eve Mudigere, Chikkamagaluru.

My friends keep taunting me how I manage to get so many leaves for these trips :-)) but except for Goa in May, Nilgiris in July and Munnar Kochi in October, I have only taken a day off in a long weekend. But, I want to make it clear here that I still have 28 days of leave left. This is all that I had collated over the 5 years that I was in the earlier role at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment